The NIPKOW PROGRAMM is a unique fellowship programme designed for international film and media professionals to develop and refine projects in Berlin through an "à-la-carte" curriculum tailored to meet their individual needs and aspirations. In addition to one-to-one mentoring, fellows attend bespoke training seminars on various aspects of packaging, promotion, sales and new technologies. Whether they are working on a feature film, documentary, series, animation or trans-media project, the emphasis of the programme is on project development, with the ultimate aim of initiating international co-productions and promoting their worldwide distribution.
- Over the last three decades the NIPKOW PROGRAMM has established an extensive international network of film and media professionals, paving the way for ever more creative co-productions and partnerships.
- Since its inception back in 1992, NIPKOW has supported a myriad of feature films, documentaries and animation productions, resulting in a multitude of international award-winners.
- From the very beginning the NIPKOW PROGRAMM has addressed the issue of gender equality in the film industry by pursuing the goal of an equal balance between female and male fellows. To date women make up 269 of the total 653 fellowships awarded, a figure representing 41,2% of the whole. This emphasis on diversity has meant that the NIPKOW PROGRAMM has been a consistent force for change by advancing the role of women in front of and behind the camera.
Target group film are television professionals such as: writers, directors, producers, animators
- The NIPKOW PROGRAMM e.V. awards grants for a film residency in Berlin up to 3 months
- 1,500 Euros monthly
- project counselling tailored to meet the individual fellow's needs and aspirations within a worldwide context and a synergistic network
- focused and individualized workshops held by highly esteemed, successful professionals active in the international film industry
The NIPKOW PROGRAMME has established an extensive network of film and media professionals throughout Western and Eastern Europe over the years, bringing many European co-productions to the screen and forging the way for future international co-productions and partnerships. Since its inception, the programme has been involved in the realisation of a myriad of feature films, documentaries, shorts and animation productions, many going on to win international awards. The key to the NIPKOW PROGRAMME's success lies in its unique made-to-order approach to meet the individual needs of each participant and connecting them to the appropriate partners.
The NIPKOW PROGRAMME has, over the years, not only acquired a vast database of professional contacts in the film and media world in Berlin and beyond, but the cohort of former fellows continue to share their own local, national and international contacts with the NIPKOW PROGRAMME and current fellows. This has contributed to the development of a worldwide network of production and industry professionals in both technical and creative spheres, as well as in the areas of financing, co-production, marketing, and distribution.